5. Paradies G; Petrosillo G; Gadaleta MN; Ruggiero FM., Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bari, Italy. email@example.com The effect of aging and acetyl-L-carnitine on the pyruvate transport and oxidation in rat heart mitochondria. FEBS Lett (NETHERLANDS) Jul 9 1999, 454 (3) p207-9.
6. Calvani M, Arrigoni-Martelli E., Sigma-Tau S.p.A, Pomezia, Rome, Italy. Attenuation by acetyl-L-carnitine of neurological damage and biochemical derangement following brain ischemia and reperfusion. Int J Tissue React 1999;21(1):1-6.
7. Rao KV; Qureshi IA., Division of Medical Genetics, Sainte-Justine Hospital, Montreal, Que, Canada. Reduction in the MK-801 binding sites of the NMDA sub-type of glutamate receptor in a mouse model of congenital hyperammonemia: prevention by acetyl-L-carnitine. Neuropharmacology (England) Mar 1999, 38 (3) p383-94.
8. Swamy-Mruthinti S; Carter AL., Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, 30912-2100, USA. Acetyl-L-carnitine decreases glycation of lens proteins: in vitro studies. Exp Eye Res (England) Jul 1999, 69 (1) p109-15.
9. Lolic MM, Fiskum G, Rosenthal RE, Department of Emergency Medicine, Ronald Reagan Institute of Emergency Medicine, Washington, DC USA. Neuroprotective effects of acetyl-L-carnitine after stroke in rats. Ann Emerg Med (United States) June 1997, 29 (6) p.758-65.
10. Fernandez E, Pallini R, Lauretti L, La Marca F, Sccgna A, Rossi GF, Center for Research in Regeneration of the Nervous System, Catholic University Medical School, Rome, Italy. Motonuclear changes after cranial nerve injury and regeneration. Arch Ital Biol (Italy) 1997 Sep;135(4):343-51.
11. Sbriccoli A, Carretta D, Santarelli M, Granato A, Minciacchi D. Institute of Neurology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy. An optimized procedure for prenatal ethanol exposure with determination of its effects on central nervous system connections. Brain Res Protoc (Netherlands) Jan 1999, 3 (3) p.264-9.
12. Moyle GJ, Sadler M. Kobler Clinic, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, England. Peripheral neuropathy with nucleoside antiretrovirals: risk factors, incidence and management. Drug Saf. (New Zealand) Dec 1998, 19 (6) p.481-94.
13. Soneru IL, Khan T, Orfalian Z, Abraira C. Extended Care & Geriatrics Service (181c), Hines VA Hospital, Illinois 60641, USA. Acetyl-L-carnitine effects on nerve conduction and glycemic regulation. Endocr Res (United States) Feb-May 1997,23, (1-2) p.27-36.
14. Nakamura J, Koh N, Sakakibara F, Hamada Y, Hara T, Sasaki H, Chaya S, Komori T, Nakashima E, Naruse K, Kato K, Takeuchi N, Kasuya Y, Hotta N, The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan. Polyol pathway hyperactivity is closely related to carnitine deficiency of streptozotocin-diabetic rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther (United States) Dec 1998, 287 (3) p .897-902.
15. Vague Ph, Service de Nutrition-Endocrinologie, Maladies Metaboliques, CHU La Timone, Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex, France, Raccah D. New therapeutic approaches. Revue Francaise d'Endocrinologie Clinique - Nutrition et Metabolisme (Rev. Fr. Endocrinol.) Clin. Nutr. Metab. (France) 1997, 38/4-5 (455-463).
16. Brooks JO 3rd, Yesavage JA, Carta A, Bravi D, Stanford University School of Medicine, California, USA. Acetyl-L-carnitine slows decline in younger patients: a reanalysis of a double-blind, placebo-controlled study using the trilinear approach. Int. Psychogeriatr (United States) June 1998, 10 (2) p.193-203.
17. Hagen TM, Ingersoll RT, Wehr CM, Lykkesfelt J, Vinarsky V, Bartholomew JC, Song MH, Ames BN, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA. Acetyl-L-carnitine fed to old rats partially restores mitochondrial function and ambulatory activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA (United States) August 4, 1998, 95 (16) p.9562-6.
18. Hagen TM, Wehr CM, Ames Bn. Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California at Berkeley 94720, USA. Mitochondrial decay in aging. Reversal through supplementation of acetyl-L-carnitine and N-tert-butyl-alpha-phenyl-nitrone. Ann N Y Acad Sci (United States) November 20, 1998, 854 p.214-23.
19. Saheki T., Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University. [Carnitine as a vitamin-like biofactor]. Nippon Rinsho 1999 Oct;57(10):2270-5.
Nutrition Home Page
The information and statements made throughout this web site have not been endorsed/evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or any other governmental authority, unless otherwise specifically noted. We do not offer products or services for the benefits or purpose of diagnosis, prescription for, treatment of, or claims to prevent, mitigate or cure any viral or disease condition or be free from side effects. Please, seek the advice of a competent medical professional about anything you read on our site.RSS Feed