6. Formica JV, Regelson W. Review of the biology of Quercetin and related bioflavonoids. Food Chem Toxicol. 1995 Dec;33(12):1061-80.
7. Bischoff SC. Quercetin: potentials in the prevention and therapy of disease. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2008 Nov;11(6):733-40.
8. Min YD, Choi CH, Bark H, et al. Quercetin inhibits expression of inflammatory cytokines through attenuation of NF-kappaB and p38 MAPK in HMC-1 human mast cell line. Inflamm Res. 2007 May;56(5):210-5.
9. Warren CA, Paulhill KJ, Davidson LA, et al. Quercetin may suppress rat aberrant crypt foci formation by suppressing inflammatory mediators that influence proliferation and apoptosis. J Nutr. 2009 Jan;139(1):101-5.
10. Cruz EA, Da-Silva SA, Muzitano MF, et al. Immunomodulatory pretreatment with Kalanchoe pinnata extract and its quercitrin flavonoid effectively protects mice against fatal anaphylactic shock. Int Immunopharmacol. 2008 Dec 10;8(12):1616-21.
11. Park HJ, Lee CM, Jung ID, et al. Quercetin regulates Th1/Th2 balance in a murine model of asthma. Int Immunopharmacol. 2008 Dec 2.
12. Chaabi M, Freund-Michel V, Frossard N, et al. Anti-proliferative effect of Euphorbia stenoclada in human airway smooth muscle cells in culture. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007 Jan 3;109(1):134-9.
13. Jiang JS, Chien HC, Chen CM, Lin CN, Ko WC. Potent suppressive effects of 3-O-methylquercetin 5,7,3,4-O-tetraacetate on ovalbumin-induced airway hyperresponsiveness. Planta Med. 2007 Sep;73(11):1156-62.
14. Jung CH, Lee JY, Cho CH, Kim CJ. Anti-asthmatic action of quercetin and rutin in conscious guinea-pigs challenged with aerosolized ovalbumin. Arch Pharm Res. 2007 Dec;30(12):1599-607.
15. Rogerio AP, Kanashiro A, Fontanari C, et al. Anti-inflammatory activity of quercetin and isoquercitrin in experimental murine allergic asthma. Inflamm Res. 2007 Oct;56(10):402-8.
16. Moon H, Choi HH, Lee JY, et al. Quercetin inhalation inhibits the asthmatic responses by exposure to aerosolized-ovalbumin in conscious guinea-pigs. Arch Pharm Res. 2008 Jun;31(6):771-8.
17. Chun OK, Chung SJ, Claycombe KJ, Song WO. Serum C-reactive protein concentrations are inversely associated with dietary flavonoid intake in U.S. adults. J Nutr. 2008 Apr;138(4):753-60.
18. Ayaz E, Alpsoy HC. Garlic (Allium sativum) and traditional medicine. Turkiye Parazitol Derg. 2007;31(2):145-9.
19. Josling P. Preventing the common cold with a garlic supplement: a double-blind, placebo-controlled survey. Adv Ther. 2001 Jul-Aug;18(4):189-93.
20. Arena A, Bisignano G, Pavone B, et al. Antiviral and immunomodulatory effect of a lyophilized extract of Capparis spinosa L. buds. Phytother Res. 2008 Mar;22(3):313-7.
21. Davis JM, Murphy EA, McClellan JL, Carmichael MD, Gangemi JD. Quercetin reduces susceptibility to influenza infection following stressful exercise. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008 Aug;295(2):R505-9.
22. Rasouli N, Kern PA. Adipocytokines and the metabolic complications of obesity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Nov;93(11 Suppl 1):S64-73.
23. Rayalam S, La-Fera MA, Baile CA. Phytochemicals and regulation of the adipocyte life cycle. J Nutr Biochem. 2008 Nov;19(11):717-26.
24. Ahn J, Lee H, Kim S, Park J, Ha T. The anti-obesity effect of quercetin is mediated by the AMPK and MAPK signaling pathways. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008 Sep 5;373(4):545-9.
25. Park HJ, Yang JY, Ambati S, et al. Combined effects of genistein, quercetin, and resveratrol in human and 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Med Food. 2008 Dec;11(4):773-83.
26. Strobel P, Allard C, Perez-Acle T, et al. Myricetin, quercetin and catechin-gallate inhibit glucose uptake in isolated rat adipocytes. Biochem J. 2005 Mar 15;386(Pt 3):471-8.
27. Yang JY, la-Fera MA, Rayalam S, et al. Enhanced inhibition of adipogenesis and induction of apoptosis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes with combinations of resveratrol and quercetin. Life Sci. 2008 May 7;82(19-20):1032-9.
28. Stewart LK, Soileau JL, Ribnicky D, et al. Quercetin transiently increases energy expenditure but persistently decreases circulating markers of inflammation in C57BL/6J mice fed a high-fat diet. Metabolism. 2008 Jul;57(7 Suppl 1):S39-46.
29. Blanco-Colio LM, Valderrama M, Alvarez-Sala LA, et al. Red wine intake prevents nuclear factor-kappaB activation in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of healthy volunteers during postprandial lipemia. Circulation. 2000 Aug 29;102(9):1020-6.
30. Hubbard GP, Wolffram S, Lovegrove JA, Gibbins JM. Ingestion of quercetin inhibits platelet aggregation and essential components of the collagen-stimulated platelet activation pathway in humans. J Thromb Haemost. 2004 Dec;2(12):2138-45.
31. Hubbard GP, Wolffram S, de Vos R, Bovy A, Gibbins JM, Lovegrove JA. Ingestion of onion soup high in quercetin inhibits platelet aggregation and essential components of the collagen-stimulated platelet activation pathway in man: a pilot study. Br J Nutr. 2006 Sep;96(3):482-8.
32. Lekakis J, Rallidis LS, Andreadou I, et al. Polyphenolic compounds from red grapes acutely improve endothelial function in patients with coronary heart disease. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2005 Dec;12(6):596-600.
33. Edwards RL, Lyon T, Litwin SE, et al. Quercetin reduces blood pressure in hypertensive subjects. J Nutr. 2007 Nov;137(11):2405-11.
34. Loke WM, Hodgson JM, Proudfoot JM, et al. Pure dietary flavonoids quercetin and (-)-epicatechin augment nitric oxide products and reduce endothelin-1 acutely in healthy men. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Oct;88(4):1018-25.
35. Fang XK, Gao J, Zhu DN. Kaempferol and quercetin isolated from Euonymus alatus improve glucose uptake of 3T3-L1 cells without adipogenesis activity. Life Sci. 2008 Mar 12;82(11-12):615-22.
36. Choi EJ, Bae SM, Ahn WS. Antiproliferative effects of quercetin through cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human breast canc MDA-MB-453 cells. Arch Pharm Res. 2008 Oct;31(10):1281-5.
37. Boyle SP, Dobson VL, Duthie SJ, Kyle JA, Collins AR. Absorption and DNA protective effects of flavonoid glycosides from an onion meal. Eur J Nutr. 2000 Oct;39(5):213-23.
38. Gates MA, Tworoger SS, Hecht JL, et al. A prospective study of dietary flavonoid intake and incidence of epithelial ovarian canc. Int J canc. 2007 Nov 15;121(10):2225-32.
39. Gates MA, Vitonis AF, Tworoger SS, et al. Flavonoid intake and ovarian canc risk in a population-based case-control study. Int J canc. 2008 Nov 11.
40. Gerhauser C. canc chemopreventive potential of apples, apple juice, and apple components. Planta Med. 2008 Oct;74(13):1608-24.
41. Garcia-Closas R, Agudo A, Gonzalez CA, Riboli E. Intake of specific carotenoids and flavonoids and the risk of lung canc in women in Barcelona, Spain. Nutr canc. 1998;32(3):154-8.
42. Nothlings U, Murphy SP, Wilkens LR, Henderson BE, Kolonel LN. Flavonols and pancreatic canc risk: the multiethnic cohort study. Am J Epidemiol. 2007 Oct 15;166(8):924-31.
43. Nothlings U, Murphy SP, Wilkens LR, et al. A food pattern that is predictive of flavonol intake and risk of pancreatic canc. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Dec;88(6):1653-62.
44. Siegelin MD, Reuss DE, Habel A, Rami A, von DA. Quercetin promotes degradation of survivin and thereby enhances death-receptor mediated apoptosis in glioma cells. Neuro Oncol. 2008 Oct 29.
45. Tan S, Wang C, Lu C, et al. Quercetin is able to demethylate the p16INK4a gene promoter. Chemotherapy. 2009;55(1):6-10.
46. Vasquez-Garzon VR, Rellanes-Robledo J, Garcia-Roman R, Paricio-Bautista DI, Villa-Trevino S. Inhibition of reactive oxygen species and pre-neoplastic lesions by quercetin through an antioxidant defense mechanism. Free Radic Res. 2008 Dec 29;1-10.
47. Warren CA, Paulhill KJ, Davidson LA, et al. Quercetin may suppress rat aberrant crypt foci formation by suppressing inflammatory mediators that influence proliferation and apoptosis. J Nutr. 2009 Jan;139(1):101-5.
48. Ferry DR, Smith A, Malkhandi J, et al. Phase I clinical trial of the flavonoid quercetin: pharmacokinetics and evidence for in vivo tyrosine kinase inhibition. Clin canc Res. 1996 Apr;2(4):659-68.
49. Cruz-Correa M, Shoskes DA, Sanchez P, et al. Combination treatment with curcumin and quercetin of adenomas in familial adenomatous polyposis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006 Aug;4(8):1035-8.
50. Pietsch K, Saul N, Menzel R, Sturzenbaum SR, Steinberg CE. Quercetin mediated lifespan extension in Caenorhabditis elegans is modulated by age-1, daf-2, sek-1 and unc-43. Biogerontology. 2008 Nov 29.
51. Saul N, Pietsch K, Menzel R, Steinberg CE. Quercetin-mediated longevity in Caenorhabditis elegans: is DAF-16 involved? Mech Ageing Dev. 2008 Oct;129(10):611-3.
52. Martin CK, Anton SD, Han H, et al. Examination of cognitive function during six months of calorie restriction: results of a randomized controlled trial. Rejuvenation Res. 2007 Jun;10(2):179-90.
53. Ghosh HS. The anti-aging, metabolism potential of SIRT1. Curr Opin Investig Drugs. 2008 Oct;9(10):1095-102.
54. Ansari MA, Abdul HM, Joshi G, Opii WO, Butterfield DA. Protective effect of quercetin in primary neurons against Abeta(1-42): relevance to Alzheimers disease. J Nutr Biochem. 2008 Jul 3.
55. Egert S, Wolffram S, Bosy-Westphal A, et al. Daily quercetin supplementation dose-dependently increases plasma quercetin concentrations in healthy humans. J Nutr. 2008 Sep;138(9):1615-21.
Enjoy the benefits of our flat rate shipping and handling! You receive the same great service for the same shipping price whether you order one item or one hundred!
USA only - US Post Office 5-9 business days.
Save 8.25% on all purchases - Texans and everyone!
It's all tax free! You will be able to review all charges before they are charged to you.
At checkout (after you click the Add button on any of the order pages), the billing address you enter must match the address where you receive your credit card (security effects). The shipping address you enter does not have to match.
All orders placed by Noon Central Standard Time (CST) are shipped the same day. PO Boxes Okay.
Payment by credit card is immediate. Payment by check adds a few more business days -- as soon as funds clear.
We do not sell the information you give us to anyone.
Nutrition Home Page
The information and statements made throughout this web site have not been endorsed/evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or any other governmental authority, unless otherwise specifically noted. We do not offer products or services for the benefits or purpose of diagnosis, prescription for, treatment of, or claims to prevent, mitigate or cure any viral or disease condition or be free from side effects. Please, seek the advice of a competent medical professional about anything you read on our site.RSS Feed